Below we will learn to play the E Major Scale. It starts on the note E and has 4 sharps in its form. The notes which build up to create E Major scale are:
E F# G# A B C# D# E
The diagrammatic representation of the same is given below. Practice playing E Major scale on the keyboard until the time you perfect it.
E Major Scale – Intervals & Degrees
- Tonic – E (tonic)
- Major 2nd – F# (supertonic)
- Major 3rd – G# (mediant)
- Perfect 4th – A (subdominant)
- Perfect 5th – B (dominant)
- Major 6th – C# (submediant)
- Major 7th – D# (leading tone)
- Perfect 8th – E (octave)
Fingering this scale
- Left Hand: 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, 3, 2, 1
- Right Hand: 1, 2, 3, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Begin playing Note E with the thumb if you are right-handed. Follow the pattern to know the correct and easy fingering. If you are left-handed, begin with the last finger and complete the pattern.